Sunday 31 January 2016

Silver Lining

I’m weirdly happy. Its weird because the last week has been really, really tough. Today I had to go to work even though I’m ill and did a 13 hour shift yesterday. MY BPD has been so obvious and it feels like its holding the remote at the moment, but alongside that, I have also had an amazing week. I’ve laughed harder than I remember doing in months, laughed until I cried. I am falling further in love every day, with the most wonderful man I’ve ever met. Despite problems I am holding down my job, and I can appreciate the good parts of it alongside the parts I currently find unbearable. I started self-harming yet again, fairly badly, but I also stopped and didn’t inflict lasting injury. I’m still standing, I’m not in hospital, and ultimately I am still here and still able to smile.

It is hard to describe how strange it is to be incredibly happy and massively struggling, but somehow I am. It’s as if this week were impossible, but my boyfriend has stood beside me reminding me that he believe in me and that he loves me for everything that I am….and somehow it makes me strong enough to be better than I would have been without him. I don’t need another person, I can do this on my own. Yet having another person so close really does make my world brighter; suddenly my future has a far bigger smile in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment